Named after the trees dotted about the croft, Rowan, sleeping two, has stunning sea views encompassing Loch Nedd, Lower Badcall and Handa Island.
A light grey colour to reflect the old stone byre it replaced, Rowan has light-oak flooring and a rustic pine feature wall.
Rowan has a king-sized bed, wood-burning stove, delightful kitchen area with two-ring induction hob, full-size oven and fridge, a feature Belfast sink and hand-crafted oak fittings. The ensuite bathroom has a rainfall shower and a bespoke carved stone hand basin.
ROWAN – DOG FRIENDLY, SELF-CATERING ACCOMMODATION
Rowan can accommodate a small dog on prior agreement. There is an additional cleaning fee of £20 for a pet stay. See our dog-friendly page for more information.
Outside on its private terrace is a Swedish-style, wood-burning hot tub, outdoor dining furniture and BBQ.
- Wood-fired hot tub preheated on first night (please note from January 2024 this will need to be booked as an extra to your booking)
- Hot tub Turkish style towels
- Electric heating
- Internal Hobbit log burner
- Small basket of logs
- Hot water
- Fluffy towels
- Bed linen
- Wifi (Limited due to being Satellite – okay for email and Google browsing not streaming music/films or gaming)
- Free-Sat TV (no players e.g. iplayer etc.)
- Hair dryer
- Bluetooth speaker
- Charcoal BBQ – coals need to be purchased from us
- Microwave (we can bring to your hut on request)
- Initial supply luxury soap
- Eco-friendly washing up liquid
- Toilet rolls
- Sponge/scourer and washing up brush
- Cleaning products
- Mini bottle olive oil
- Tea/coffee bags (initial supply)
- Tunnocks wafers
- Milk (small bottle on request)
If you have any allergies to the above please let us know.
Hot tub and additional wood –
A bundle consisting of a net bag of kiln-dried hardwood, kindling, firelighters and small logs suitable for reheating the hot tub the following day or using with the internal Hobbit wood burner, can be pre-ordered or purchased during your stay. (Only logs purchased from West Coast Hideaways can be used within the log burners due to the specific size required – see T&C’s.) Guests can easily reheat the hot tub the following day and instructions are displayed and ‘how to guide’ is given as a video in the guest log-in feature.